[OZAPRS] Mailing list / website outage

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Mon Feb 11 21:30:22 EST 2008

Folks,

Aplologies for yet another outage on this mailing list and the aprs.net.au
websites - we had ANOTHER hardware failure in the box. This time one disk
of
the raid-set holding all of the WWW and Mail list data died and rendered
the
box out of action.   2 new drives later and I *THINK* we're back in
business
after 24 hours.   Thank goodness for routine (daily) backups :-)

Every HDD and the PSU in the box have been replaced now in the last few
weeks, so in theory we should get a few more years service from it,
although
there is a major HW upgrade just around the corner that should happen in
the
background.

Regards,

Geoff  VK2XJG