[OZAPRS] APRS Trademark

Peter Schrader - VK4TGV vk4tgv at rumpleteazer.net
Wed Feb 6 19:48:16 EST 2008

Actually trademarks do transcend borders, especially if they are lodged
under the WIPO Madrid Protocol.

Although the US is a special case, costing a bit more to register, that
is,
if you register a trademark in Australia, then lodge an worldwide
application via the Worldwide Intellectual Property Organisation there is
special extra bit to pay to have the trademark similarly protected in the
US.

Probably a little off topic, just so happens I am in the process of going
through registering a few worldwide trademarks for my employer.

It's no problem to use the APRS trademark in your presentations, just as
long as you don't try and pinch it from Bob and try to make money out of
it.

Regards,
Peter Schrader,
VK4TGV/9V1PS
Redcliffe and Districts Radio Club
Singapore Amateur Radio Transmitting Society

APRS - VK4TGV-7, VK4TGV and 9V1PS
ALE HFN Pilot Station - http://hflink.com