[OZAPRS] 6M APRS

Terry Neumann tfneumann at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 5 10:04:52 EST 2008

Richard Hoskin wrote:

SNIP _________________

>You will need to think about how much use 6mtr APRS will get first.
>
>Cheers
>Richard
>VK3JFK

Given the uncertain  propagation on 6 metres beyond the horizon
(admittedly one of its attractions for phone and CW)  I doubt whether it
would be worth the effort  for APRS where some certainty of coverage is
probably the prime requirement.

It would probably more reliable to go to 10 metres - and that's a bold
speak given the variable propagation in this point in the cycle, and
that when it does some good the pirate operators to the north east of us
with whom we share the allocation these days will probably ensure that
the DCD led is on all of the time anyway.

I doubt that I would use either.

FWIW
Terry