[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Tue Dec 30 17:01:06 EST 2008

Correct - the reason for the WIDE2-1 in the path is not for HF use, but in
the cases where the HF Gateway is just that - HF to VHF (not to Internet).

The path to be used on the VHF portion of the hop is defined by the HF
mobile station....    The HF Gateway responds to the GATE part, and sends
the posit out to VHF using the WIDE2-1 portion - and hopefully an IGate
hears this :-)

Geoff  VK2XJG