[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 30 17:00:36 EST 2008

I can only imagine that GATE WIDE2-1 is to facilitate getting to an
Igate via a HF/VHF gateway. Is that correct? Is that necessary given the
number of 24/7 HF Igates?

I can increase the beacon rate but I need to ask the question "why is it
necessary to flood the channel with redundant traffic, given that many
stations run trackers and won't hear beacons anyway." I'm sure that
those who have been around aprs for ten or more years know the answers
and the reasons for arriving at recommended settings aren't widely
published. I'm an inquisitive sort of bloke keep thinking like Julius
Sumner-Miller - why is it so.

Not trying to rock the boat here, just trying to get a better
understanding so I can do a better job.

Ray vk2tv