[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 30 11:05:27 EST 2008

Peter Bye wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I have been helping out a mate who is a newly licensed standard with his
> APRS set-up.  As he is a tag along tour operator, he is interested in HF
> APRS.
> Now given that the national frequency is on 30m this puts it out of reach
> for us Standard licencee's, but he found this info on aprs.net.au
> http://www.aprs.net.au/hf_aprs_information.htm#Frequencies_
>
> which says that there is a gate on 20m (VK6BBS) 14109kHz.  Is this indeed
> the case? Or is this info out of date?
>
> I have pointed him to this mailing list, so he may pop up here hopefully...
>
> Cheers
> Pete Vk2MPJ

Pete,

I can't answer the question re vk6bbs but I could put a port of 20m if
it was to be of any value. I currently have a 20m port for the bbs that
carries no traffic so moving that tx to aprs wouldn't affect any packet
stations.

What is the opinion of the group? Pete raises a good point re licence
classes so a HF port they can use might be beneficial.

Ray vk2tv