[OZAPRS] Has anyone tried to register UI-View32 lately?

Darryl Smith Darryl at Radio-Active.Net.Au
Sat Dec 20 00:24:57 EST 2008

Sorry...

The uiview at aprs.net.au was only getting SPAM emails so I killed it.

If you go to the ui-view.com or org web site you can register online using
your callsign. If that does not work email me.

Sorry for being slightly vague... It is 12:30am and I have a few things on
my mind

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Richard Murnane
Sent: Saturday, 20 December 2008 12:22 AM
To: OZAPRS mailing list list
Subject: [OZAPRS] Has anyone tried to register UI-View32 lately?

Hi all,

(I don't think this question has come up recently - my apologies if I
missed it)

I've just been installing UI-View32 on a new machine, and of course I
never recorded the details from the old installation, so I need to get
the registration code.

So, I went to www.aprs.net.au to find out who to contact: the page
says to email uiview at aprs.net.au, but the link goes to uiview at aprs.net.nz
  (there was also "nospam_" in the middle, which I excised). I sent my
request to both addresses, thinking at least one should work.

The email to the .au address bounced:

550-'<uiview at aprs.net.au
> >: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox
> table' (delivery attempts: 0)

which presumably explains why a .nz link was behind the text, so
that's okay.

But, the email to the .nz address also bounced:

> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Denied due
> to spam list' (delivery attempts: 0)

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks & 73 Richard VK2SKY