[OZAPRS] HF APRS upsets the car's climate control

Tim Ahpee tim at ahpee.org
Wed Dec 17 10:49:50 EST 2008

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:38:32AM +1100, Ian Bennett wrote:
> Check earth connections. Is the radio earthed to the vehicle separately to
> power??

Not currently.

> Is the bullbar "electrically connected" to the vehicle body??

As far as I can tell. The 2m antenna that is also on the bullbar seems to be
working ok and the driving lights are earthed through the bullbar.

> What coax are you using??

Standard RG58

> You may need to reroute the coax to avoid "sensitive" areas (assuming your
> coax is radiating of course).

Yes, I was considering this. Currently the coax runs down the side of the car
near where all of the climate control stuff is. I'll look into rerouting it
down the other side of the car.

Cheers,
Tim