[OZAPRS] VK4JWG-15 on 10.147, 6 USB in HF-APRS in Western Australia.

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Dec 4 07:27:25 EST 2008

Richard,

Some data in remote areas can be old. In a conversation with a surveyor
for National Mapping about 25 years ago, it was said that map postions
on 1:250,000 topo maps (1966 series that we were using) could be out by
1 or 2 kilometres. However, in our off-road wanderings around the
Birdsville area, and later excursions across the North Simpson Desert by
a member of that party, we generally found good correlation with the
maps, and lots of survey roads that weren't on the maps!

Ray vk2tv