[OZAPRS] VK4JWG-15 on 10.147, 6 USB in HF-APRS in Western Australia.

Garry VK2UNI vk2uni at bigpond.com
Wed Dec 3 23:25:05 EST 2008

Hi Richard,

Most of the roads are not GPS surveyed roads and where Google obtains road
data, (might be from State archives, old surveys, etc.). Overall, they are
pretty good. There might be 50 years between the old surveyed roads and the
Satellite imagery, hence the inaccuracies in the overlay, especially with
outback roads where the grader driver may not have survey instructions and
re-aligns roads to suit changing conditions.

Google, also, has offset errors in the elevation data overlay, which is
offset to the North East in most cases. This, of course, should be allowed
for as well when taking elevation in to the equation.

 Regards.... Garry VK2UNI.