[OZAPRS] New wheels - dare I use anything that transmits?

Gordon Taylor gordon.t at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 26 21:26:23 EST 2008

Terry,
	I have my HF/6 voice rig bolted on top of the Auto transmission
computer under the front seat in my Land Rover Discovery.

I also run HF and VHF APRS as well as a 2/70 voice rig (50w).  That's 4
radios and antennae.

No probs at all, with airbags and all the other electronic gizmos.

I was concerned with 100W sitting on top of the Auto Trans computer, but its
fine.

I did put my HF and VHF/UHF rigs into the Disco when the it was only a few
months old and then had nearly 3 years under warranty to see if anything
failed.  5 1/2 years on its still fine.  I do have a separate battery to
power the lot and use toroids on the HF coax cables at the rigs. There is
however quite a bit of injector noise from the diesel motor, so maybe it's
payback...

P.S a plug for the Lancer, my wife has a brand new CVT Lancer VR and sitting
on 100Km/h on a round trip of 200kms to Brisbane and back it returns
6.7l/100km, that's over 40MPG.  We bought the fast model of the Lancers, the
red ones...

Regards,
Gordo VK4VP