[OZAPRS] VK2RGL-1 (CabbageTree Mtn) now operational

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Fri Aug 1 19:36:28 EST 2008

Just don't' look too close at the speeds.  I am sure there is a
'calibration error' some where.  ;-)

It got me until just out of Gloucester, however I can hear traffic from
the farm.  Perhaps the pre amp will work wonders?

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
01/08/2008 06:10 PM
Please respond to
Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

Australian APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] VK2RGL-1 (CabbageTree Mtn) now operational

Hi All,

I've been tracking Shaun since he left Sydney, with some interesting
observations regarding used digis.

In relation to VK2RGL, the first hit was when Shaun was 12km south of
Booral and then in Booral, Stroud, 14km north of Stroud, Wards River,
and then just south of Gloucester. The next hit was VK2RTZ from about
5km NE of Gloucester.

I'm not passing comment on VK2RGL's performance because I don't know how
it should perform in that, or any other, area, I'm just telling it how
it was.

Ray vk2tv

Shaun Pitcher wrote:

>Fantastic!!  When did it go online?  I will be traveling to Gloucester
>this afternoon, so I will switch APRS on.
>
>Thanks for those who got it up and going.
>
>Shaun VK2XPP-9
>
>Regards,
>Shaun Pitcher
>

>"Geoff" <geoff at gatwards.org>
>Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
>01/08/2008 11:58 AM
>Please respond to
>Australian APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

>"'Australian APRS Users'" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>cc
>
>Subject
>[OZAPRS] VK2RGL-1 (CabbageTree Mtn) now operational
>

>In case those in VK2 hadn't noticed yet, VK2RGL-1 up on CabbageTree is
now
>online.
>
>Seems to have a good path to the south, as beacons are coming in directly

>VK2ZEN-5 IGate.
>

>I'd be interested in any coverage  reports from anyone in the area and
>beyond...
>

>Ray - you thought you might see it in Kempsey via 2RMC-1..  Is this the
>case
>??
>

>Regards,
>
>Geoff   VK2XJG

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.