[OZAPRS] Re: F Calls give them a fair go

FLECK, Wolfgang wolfgang.fleck at baesystems.com
Tue Apr 29 15:22:56 EST 2008

Here we go again, how many times have I heard this story before? My 2kW linear went a novice many years ago. Who is this full call only running 1kW? Shame on him.

I've been in the hobby since 1977 and did it the hard way but lately I turn on the local 2m repeater and I have to check to make sure I'm not on 477MHz by the sound of it.

We went through all this BS when the Novices first came on line and now we see a repeat with the F calls.

There must be other ways to increase numbers other than continually lowering the standard?

We should consider ourselves lucky to have all these newcomer join us with all the answers. Goodness me I must have become a SOB.

Ok let loose with the flame war, I can handle it. Been there done that.

VK2BYF Bob

For those who don't know me, I'm being sarcastic.