[OZAPRS] F Calls

Craig Cook VK3CMC at bigpond.com.au
Mon Apr 28 23:52:00 EST 2008

Gentlemen,  lets sort this problem out now before too many shoot off without
thinking..  If there is a Foundation call  driving about using a mode they
are not licenced for then why not advise them with some carefully chosen
words rather than this type of outburst.  The Foundation is the starting
level entry into our hobby and as such there are many who are definately
still learning. Some will not make an upgrade but many will and already
have. We should be encouraging them to upgrade, not abuse them when they
slip up.     Unless you know that the person is blatantly abusing the rules
then it would behove us all to give some guidance and direction to them
first.  Who knows they may think they are only receiving and that their
software has been set so they do not transmit but can still receive  from
others..  Maybe they have already upgraded but havent the new call yet. You
know what temptation can be like!!  Has anyone yet bothered to contact the
person?  Who has seen them? Check their mail address on the ACMA site and
drop them a "friendly" reminder that they are not allowed to use a digital
mode yet.

73 Craig
VK3CMC
WIA Assessor