[OZAPRS] New Paradigim

Phil zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 25 06:50:38 EST 2007

Hi, All

 Can I make a suggestion from across the ditch that you adopt the new
paradigim that Bob WB4APR has suggested.

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html

Get rid of TRACE/ RELAY/WIDE use the New n-N   Wide1-2,WIDE2-2

Change the digis to UI-Digi that supports the New format or you can use
the
old digi's  as normal   XXXX,WIDE1-2,WIDE2,2
      ( xxxx) = digi-peater name,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 etc

If you need fill in digi,s use  UI-View 32 bit for this

http://www.ocarc.ca/images/UIview32NewParadigm.pdf

We have adopted the USA paradigim of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1   or WIDE2-2  or in
some cases WIDE3-3, all but 2 have changed from RELAY,TRACE,WIDE

If you post to the LIST that only the above will be passed via digis then
most will change if the don't change they don't get gated to the Internet.

But most important is to let your users know of the changes and the change
over date !!!

It will cause a few head aches but believe me Bob WB4APR is correct he
wrote
the APRs spec and all the recommendations.

EU has a different standard they still use Relay and TRACE it don't mix to
well

73
Phillip
ZL2TZE