[OZAPRS] SEQ APRS - I tried

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Sep 23 16:41:31 EST 2007

Hello Peter,

For those of us that have been around for thirtyfive-plus years (maybe
you have also), we've experienced times when even 2m voice frequencies
were different from state to state. I think we have a chance with APRS
to see that those situations don't develop again to "spoil the fun". In
this regard I applaud VK3 for making the change from 144.900 to 145.175
to ensure standarisation.

It's quite obvious from what I read on various APRS mailing lists that
people don't automatically understand APRS routing and other station
parameters, and they need help. It's equally obvious that there are
traps into which one can easily fall.

If we share our knowledge and experiences we can all benefit and that in
turn means APRS will benefit.

I doubt you'll get too many complaints about a bit of QRM on this list.

FWIW, I have just applied for a repeater licence (posted Friday) for an
APRS digi for the Kempsey area in NSW. It will be on 145.175 and will be
Igated by VK2TV. The site has reasonable coverage of the highway and,
given that there is presently no coverage, it'll be at least a 100%
improvement, hi.

The radio is a Philips FM828 (currently warming up a dummy load in the
workshop) and an MFJ1270B running UIDigi with the new paradigm.

Ray vk2tv