[OZAPRS] SEQ APRS - apparently it's a mess

vk4tgv vk4tgv at rumpleteazer.net
Mon Sep 17 12:11:01 EST 2007

Why is it hard to get cooperation?  Surely it would be a series of emails
sent to the various digi owners to begin the discussion to try and bring
everything together?

When I first started playing APRS, there were zero guidelines on how to
setup a mobile station given our topography, I used a bit of trial and
error
and got something working.  To date, I have no idea if my settings are
causing problems, and/or are optimum.  All I know is my vehicle appears in
findu, so without any other guidelines I left it as is.

Until just very recently the vk4.aprs.net.au website did not exist,
perhaps
this is the best way to disseminate correct settings for our part of the
world?

As a relatively newcomer to this part of the hobby, it would be a great
shame to see it fall into a heap, what can I do help make it better?

73
Peter
VK4TGV