[OZAPRS] 10MHz HF Gateway -Re: New to list

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sat Sep 8 09:50:57 EST 2007

Mike,

>From looking at the data from VK8ZAB-4 and VK6UZ-4, who I believe are
both
running SCS modems, I'd have to agree that they do a better job of
decoding
300bd HF signals than the MFJs etc.

However we do have a good collection of HF gates on the East Coast that
may
help compensate for the slight frequency inconsistencies.

If the SCS TNCs were a bit cheaper I think they would be a lot more
popular.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK