[OZAPRS] Looks like VK4OG is back on air causing problems again

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Sat Oct 27 21:03:02 EST 2007

Tony Hunt wrote:
> So it seems for some reason VK4OG is not hearing 4CPM-9 or 4TDI-9 on RF
..
> This could be a receive TNC or Radio issue at 4OG or even the network
not
> reaching him.. The other not so obvious think that could be a factor
here is
> in Ui-view Setup-Miscellaneous menu known as expire time. This would be
best
> set  at say 60 mins. Ive a strong suspicion this timer is tied into the
> local stations listing I mentioned above.

Well, today I was out and about shopping so thought I would try running
VK4TDI-9 with WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 instead of my usual RELAY,WIDE to see how
things
would work. I also upped my Tx power to 25W.

It appears as though my reports were coming in from the following IGates:
VK4ZE, VK4OG-1, VK4DMI-4, VK4TEC, and VK4HW-4

No digipeating taking place, mainly because I am covered by VK4GME-3 and
the
new TNC hasn't been installed yet.

I think that because there are so many RF to internet gateways it is easy
for
packets to get onto the net without VK4OG seeing them. Andrew VK4TEC is
located in a position where he can hear some (maybe all) packet directly,
but
is also able to see the Internet to RF broadcast from VK4OG.

Since VK4OG-1 was one of the RF->net igates, I think that the site can
hear me
direct, at least some of the time. The "don't gate net>rf for local users"
should have stopped it in this case since, but it might have been gating
before he heard me directly. Perhaps those of you assisting VK4OG and
VK4HOG
could look into those settings.

On an aside, would people please try and be civil to each other, at least
on
mailing lists. Threats etc are best served privately.

Thanks,
	David.

--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)