[OZAPRS] New Kantronic KP3 and GPS arrived

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Fri Oct 26 21:22:34 EST 2007

Ladies and Gents,

My gear has arrived, much to the disappointment of the misses (Ham widow
again).  Also purchased a FM900 however am unsure of the frequencies it is

programmed to.  It has a big sticker on the top claiming ch9 for APRS
however nothing heard here at Wahroonga, which is line of site to
VK2JPJ-1.  Nothing heard on the 2m in the kitchen either when I put it
into beacon mode.  I think it may have been programmed for the old VK3
frequency as that is where it came from.  Freq counter is in a box way
under the house.

Anyway, with a few connectors from Jaycar tomorrow I will probably, if the

SAF does not get to low (Spouse Approval Factor), be able to get some
location packets transmitted from it.

So my question is how do I monitor its path?  Andrew R seems to produce
amazing graphs and I was wanting to keep a track on myself to see all is
going well?

I might also ask you guys to give me some feedback if it is not set
operating correctly.

Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher   VK2XPP-9