[OZAPRS] How to stop excessive digipeating?

Mark Robinson VK4KMR vk4kmr at wia.org.au
Thu Oct 18 22:10:10 EST 2007

Hi All,

Re - SE Qld APRS activity

Can I ask that all the pointless attacks on this forum stop immediately?
There is nothing different today with the Digi's across the SE in the way
they are working, to last week or last month or even the last few months.
No-one has changed anything.

The owner of these Digi's has spent a lot of time, expense,  purchasing
the
TNC's and radio's, programming, setting them up at remote locations with
antennas and coax etc and then pay annual licensing on some sites as well,
for us all to enjoy our great hobby of Amateur Radio.

One simple answer is to go around when time permits over the week and turn
off all the Digi's and the radios and remove them. Sadly this is what he
is
thinking at the moment and return to what it was.

All these Digi's, bare VK4GME, as well as every other in Queensland, have
been set up the same with the new UIDIGI software and the New Paradigm as
well as the old RELAY,WIDE.  VK4GME-3 was the first one there in SE Qld
running a Kantronics KPC3 TNC with the old RELAY,WIDE.  Otherwise none of
the Digi's would talk to each other through it during this change over
time
like what is happening in other parts of the country. The owner of VK4GME
is
about to change out the TNC with the New Paradigm and the other can be
rolled out and changed remotely at first, then EPROM's re-burnt and
changed
as soon as we all can, once all the setting have been suggested and some
time for testing prior.

True there has been a lot of mail on these forums and off air, and it has
been asked of the so-called experts to come up and tell of the quick fix
with no response. It is not only the digipeater operators who need to look
at their parameters but all mobile operators also.

Please give us some time and let's have a real plan of what's going to
happen, this will happen now on the new VK4APRS forum at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vk4aprs/ . Only if this forum is keep with
respect to all interested parties we will all move ahead and out love of
the
great hobby will continue to keep growing in the future. I openly invite
all
that have invested interest in this to join the Queensland Discussion
Group
and with a little more patience we will have a system across this large
state like no other.

Regards

Mark Robinson VK4KMR

     Amateur Radio Station VK4KMR

       _-_I\            IRLP  Node #  6037, Australia

    /        +\   Dysart, Queensland. Australia

    \ _.---._/       Mobile: 0419 757 363

              v         Email: vk4kmr at wia.org.au <mailto:vk4by at wia.org.au>

  <skype:vk4kmr?call> My status
Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download>  and call me for free.