[OZAPRS] Proposed new SEQ digi's...MAPS conversion for UIView

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Oct 6 08:00:46 EST 2007

Hi Brian,

Top left, from the map, is 26/151, bottom right is 29/154. Although it's
interesting to see the values used in the kml file which are
26.00083/150.99917 and 29/154.

The maps used are exactly one degree by one degree, and 9 are used in a
3 x 3 matrix for this plot, for the moment, which explains the sharp
cut-off on the left edge. I have enough RAM that I can recompile the
program to use 16 maps in a 4 x 4 matrix. The plot around each site was
taken out to 50 miles (80km) radius but I can change this on request for
additional plots.

Cheers ... Ray vk2tv

Here's the kml file for anyone interested in looking with Google Earth.
Save it as SEQ4.kml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">
  <Folder>
   <name>SPLAT!</name>
     <description>VK4RAI-3 Transmitter Coverage Overlay</description>
       <GroundOverlay>
         <name>SPLAT! Signal Strength Overlay</name>
           <description>SPLAT! Coverage</description>
        <Icon>
              <href>SEQ4.ppm</href>
        </Icon>
            <opacity>128</opacity>
            <LatLonBox>
               <north>-26.00083</north>
               <south>-29.00000</south>
               <east>154.00000</east>
               <west>150.99917</west>
               <rotation>0.0</rotation>
            </LatLonBox>
       </GroundOverlay>
     <Placemark>
       <name>VK4RAI-3</name>
       <visibility>1</visibility>
       <Style>
       <IconStyle>
        <Icon>
          <href>root://icons/palette-5.png</href>
          <x>224</x>
          <y>224</y>
          <w>32</w>
          <h>32</h>
        </Icon>
       </IconStyle>
       </Style>
      <Point>
        <extrude>1</extrude>
        <altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>
        <coordinates>152.591667,-27.502167,50.000000</coordinates>
      </Point>
     </Placemark>
  </Folder>
</kml>

Brian Beamish wrote:

>Hi Ray
>
>If you can give me accurate lat and Long of both the top left and the
bottom
>right corners of your map I can make it into a map that can be used with
>UiView etc and also OzExplorer if needed.
>
>The more accurate the lat and longs you give me the more accurate the
UIView