[OZAPRS] Ozaprs Digest, Vol 27, Issue 25

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 26 19:51:38 EST 2007

Its interesting to see how much of that traffic is originating from Home
stations as opposed to mobiles.. If we started using Zoning in our paths
properly in VK3 VK7 then it would help things..
However as I think Richard was trying to point out that does not stop the
2
networks (VK3 and VK7) from hearing each other it just stops the traffic
Ingress.

What we have done in the past WICEN events here in VK5 using APRS on
145.175
is
1) shut down the Igate traffic onto RF
2) shut down the generic paths.
3) introduce our own unique paths for the event which are used on any
WICEN
trackers and Scoring stations.

Ive noticed over the last few days some traffic comming from both East and
West into the Adelaide network so the propagation has certainly started.
Particularly WIDE3-3 from VK3 which does a wonderful job of saturation
over
here. Oh and its not a user to blame but a beacon from a Network Digi over
near Horsham.

Tony  Hunt VK5AH

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:53:06 +1100