[OZAPRS] Smart beaconing

Andrew McDade vk5ex.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:50:17 EST 2007

Just curious to know what you guys are recommending as a fixed mobile
beacon rate over there in VK2, is it 15 seconds , 30 seconds or something
else?

>As does a fixed rate of 30 sec sitting in a carpark all day, a mobile
beaconing every 30 seconds or even 15 seconds, and to a >lesser extent
mobiles with fixed rates stuck in traffic generating RF.

Mike, We'd also be very greatfull if you could post your settings for your
network friendly smartbeaconing tracker on this list.

>> Im sure that the settings could be tweaked some more so as to gain
better
>> functionality
>
> Yes they can. I use smart beaconing and believe from my observations I
generate no more traffic on average than a station >using a fixed rate.