[OZAPRS] Status of VK2AMW-4 ?

Ian Mills imills at awa.com.au
Tue Nov 13 15:13:18 EST 2007

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the update ...

Doing a bit of checking, I agree that AMW-4 must be having problems as it
seems it is able to digipeat positions to AMW-1 while its own positions
are not always heard .. I suspect that as I frequently see on the net
stations heard by AMW-4 however AMW-4 rarely shows ...
http://aprs.fi/?addr=QF55HC26GL

I think I also worked out that it may need a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 to be
heard by the SATGAT ... When it is up reliably I'll check further as my
usual setting for Sydney (WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1) is heard by AMW-4 (I get my
position echoed back) however I don't appear on FINDU with that path but
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 seems to work.

On an unrelated topic, I frequently hear your ctcss packets while I drive
too and from work (Gerroa to Homebush) as I have ctcss enabled too ..
VK2US-1 seems to be working quite well, I have been able to get a position
heard each morning as I leave home and drive around the Kiama bends which
is a path length of 105.7Km according to a site I use
http://aprs.fi/info/VK2HIM-7

Cheers
Ian

Message: 1