[OZAPRS] APRS IS question

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sun Nov 11 21:12:13 EST 2007

Hi Andrew,

UI-View is smart enough to know that you are a LOCAL user...
It should receive ALL messages from the IS stream, but only gate to RF any
message that is for a user that has been seen locally within the allowed
time limits.  By locally, there is a configuration option to define how
many
digipeater hops are considered local. More than this number of hops and
the
message won't be sent to RF.

You don't need to configure ANY filtering to enable this - local messaging
is enabled by default, provided you have Gate to RF enabled.   If you set
VK*=RECIP, then yes, it will broadcast ALL messages to ANY VK* to RF.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG