[OZAPRS] IC-706IIG tinytrak interface.

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Wed May 16 01:22:06 EST 2007

Hi all,
I can fully support  Andrews message. I used a TinyTrack 3 connected to my

Yaesu FT100
in West-VK. The TT3 has the option to switch between 300Baud setting for
shortwave
and 1200Baud setting for VHF use. This could even be done by a cable from
TT3 to the ACC-port of the radio
(often used for automatic antenna tuner data or band switching data)
http://byonics.com/tinytrak/
When you change band on the TRX it automatically switches mode on aprs
tracker.
I used this feature to transmit alternating on VHF via ISS (PC-SAT) and
10MHz HF.

For shortwave much better suited is the DSP-TNC Tracker from SCS, which
uses
ROBUST Packet mode and 300Baud FSK packet on hf and you can have it runnig

alternating between these two modes on same dial-qrg, but automatically
offsetting the tone center frequency to cope with different channels.
(10.149,3 versus 10148,8kHz). On receive The SCS DSP-TNC offers a 800Hz
wide
capture area, that effectively elliminates frequency drift of hf-stations
in
the outback.
http://www.scs-ptc.com/datasheets/scs_datasheet_tracker_english.pdf

The new OPENTRACKEr plus OT1+ will also have a new CPU and more RAM, so I
hope it will soon offer
the same dual mode capabilities (300baud hf /1200baud vhf) as the Byonics
TT3. On top the OT1+ offers serial WAYPOINT output to the GPS-display
(NMEA
out, $GPWPL ) This is particulary useful to track some friends driving
couple of kilometers behind in the same area or route in the outback. You
dont need a Laptop or PC. You can use our GPS eMap or ur PDA.
http://n1vg.net/opentracker/

vy 73 de Mike, oe3mzc
keep 10Mhz ready for VK6FSM-9 in July/August