[OZAPRS] IC-706IIG tinytrak interface.

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Tue May 15 08:05:26 EST 2007

Gday Ron,

I use a IC706IIG in conjunction with a TT3 when mobile in the landcruiser.
have wired it into the acc socket on the back of the body of the radio. I
use the TT3 on both HF ie. VK5EX-13 and VHF ie. VK5EX-13 by changing
between
the two different configs. Ive also used an open tracker as well , but at
this time the firmware doesnt allow you to run 300 and 1200 at the same
time. Just one or the other dependant on the reprogramming of the firmware

within the open tracker . I believe there a moves to change this and add
the
switchable 300 / 1200 feature in the future similar to the TT3.

RF getting back into the TX audio and the like was an initial problem when

running any sort of power on HF.. This was resolved over time by using
numerous clamp on ferrite cores , but the most noticable fix to this
problem
was to ground the body of the 706 directly to the chassis of the vehicle
with a 20cm length of earth strap.

Regards .. Andrew .. VK5EX