[OZAPRS] Maxon DM-2550 and TinyTrak3

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Sat Jun 2 04:06:58 EST 2007

had kind of same problem with Carrier Detect on my TT3 and FT100. It even
blew the Squelch switching transistor in the Yaesu FT100, so that it was
always open and I had to replace the tiny smd transistor.

The CD adjustment of the TT3 is very very critical and also shows
temperature drift and dependency of supply voltage.
To correct this, I had to insert a small transistor amplifier to make the
audio sufficient strong for the CD circuit of the TT3.
This amplifier also servers as decoupling between radio and TT3.
Now its ok for 2 years.

by the way: the OPENTRACKER ot1x does not show this problem.

vy 73 de Mike
OE3MZC / VK3FPF