[OZAPRS] PCSAT alive and well

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 5 14:41:49 EST 2007

Yep .. Ive got good sigs of late on the SatGate here and it all gets gated
to the internet one way or another. Heard RAFT and PCSAT . I am using
either
of 2 antennas both are high angle omni antennas with gain. One is a Egg
beater and the other is a 3/4 wave vertical.

The sigs are not great from ANDE or RAFT but old PCSAT is like ISS , nice
and strong.
Have not heard any stations via the Sats as yet. Just telemetry and
beacons.

Ive just updated the Keps on Digi_Ned again. You can track  the sats as
objects just send a message to VK3AH-3  eg.
trk pcsat
trk ande
trk raft
trk iss

These will give you a reply with the next AOS in Central Summer Time which
 is 1/2 an hour behind Sydney and Melbourne currently..

I have set it up to auto track PCSAT ISS ANDE and RAFT which are generated
as objects.
They are updated every 10 mins and when in range every minute.

These appear on RF in Adelaide
Depending on your Igate feed elsewhere they may appear on RF but often
not.
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=ANDEE
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=PCSAE
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=ISS_E
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=RAFTE

The Satellite port is on Port 2 so if you send a message
mh 2
then you will get a list of the heard stations on that port

 Tony Hunt VK5AH