[OZAPRS] Sunrise Weather uses a form of APRS

Renee and Tim Logan reneetimlogan at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 21 21:23:06 EST 2007

Gday Norm, Hows things ?
There are plenty of radio based tracking systems about, each of the major
commercial radio manufacturers have there own angle on it, but they all
come
back to the same thing, GPS location sent via radio back to a PC running
mappping software. Saw today in the local Rural Fire service trucks with a
simple Oziexplorer based system as an add on to the PMR radio, was basicly
module ( TNC ) that on PTT release sends GPS location to Ozi maps in the
control centre, can also ping the vehicle, plugs into the facility
connector
on the radio, simple and effective. Sounded to be running at about 9600.
Tim VK2HLT