[OZAPRS] VK1 reception issues? (Carl Makin)

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Tue Feb 13 13:44:29 EST 2007

Assuming nothing's changed in the last 6 months, the VK1 igate feeds all
vk
position reports using the aprsd standard 15-minute interval, as well as
all
messages to known-local stations..  Where things get busy, is that there's

VK1RBM, and VK1RGI repeating those packets, and a lot of the time a couple

of the VK2AMW digis as well.. - on a good night, it's quite 'normal' to
see
packets from both the Canberra and Sydney igates...  Although that's still

*nothing* compared to the amount of traffic in Melbourne..  I don't bother

turnin the D7 on when I go to get the mail in the morning, as the chances
of
finding free airtime for a posit to go out is pretty slim.. :)

Cheers,

Damien