[OZAPRS] APRS on 30 metres HF (Robert Bruninga)

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Mon Feb 19 06:47:06 EST 2007

I just got confused a bit here:
If I travel the outback in 4WD and use HF-APRS on 10MHz with path:
GATE,WIDE1-1
will it make sure that my posits get relayed to the internet, whenever
they
are received at a HF-Gate?
or is this only the case, if we assume that the HF-Gate is connected
directly to the internet? or the IGATE is only 1 hop away from the
HF-Gate?
I am asking this, because it is not so easy to get a posit received
correctly on 10MHz by any HFGATE in VK or Africa.
hw?
tnx help
73 de Mike
oe3mzc