[OZAPRS] APRS on 30 metres HF (Robert Bruninga)

Richard Hoskin rhoskin at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 9 05:48:26 EST 2007

Jack,

Both are correct.

Australia is currently in the middle of changing to the New-Paradigm
(changing the way APRS paths work). Some areas support WIDE others support
WIDE1-1 and some support both.

VK3MY-4 supports both at the moment and will move to support only
GATE,WIDE1-1 sometime in the future (It will be announced here).

>From memory here is what the other states support:
VK7ARN-4 - GATE,WIDE1-1 only
VK4DMI-4 - GATE,WIDE
VK8ZAB-4 - GATE,WIDE
VK5EX-4  - GATE,WIDE
VK2 is different between the North and SouthEast of the state.

Note that GATE,WIDE1-1 should work in most states that support GATE,WIDE.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK