[OZAPRS] APRS on 30 metres HF

Radio radio at dodo.com.au
Thu Feb 8 09:12:40 EST 2007

I have set up my Icom 703 HF APRS System at home on 10148MHz USB, as I had
no success on 10147.6MHz USB. It seems my SCS PTC-IIex TNC has different
tones to most other units. At least now, I am seeing other beacons OK, on
my
PC.
I have tried several path variations like GATE, WIDE and did not make it
www.findu.com I finally made it through VK4DMI-4 by using the path ECHO.
Realising this is only for setting up, I then tried GATE, and that worked
through VK8ZAB-4, also VK2HL OK. I do see VK5LY-4 and also VK3MY-4 as
well,
but it appears that my routing is not working via these stations? Am I
correct in assuming that some HF gates have different path statement
requirements?
What is the correct path statement that should be used? I am trying to
debug
my setup, before I install it, for mobile operation.
Thanks!

Jack, VK4JRC QG56FJ

Dodo
- an Official Sponsor of the