[OZAPRS] Xastir maps... again

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Feb 7 00:23:51 EST 2007

From: "Carl Makin" <carl at stagecraft.cx>
> On 06/02/2007, at 10:00 PM, Norm, VK3XCI wrote:
> It sounds like there is a few of us on here using Xastir.  What are
> people using for maps?  I have some shapefiles from Geoscience
> Australia with points of interest, major roads, rivers, towns and
> political divisions.  Pretty basic but usable.

I'm curious.. - what format files can you bring into xastir?  I've got
mapinfo streetworks for australia from ~2002 sitting here, with every
road,
trail, river, postcode boundary, etc on it, which I'd love to actually do
something meaningful with...  That overlaid with the landsat 25m mosaic
would be seriously sweet for aprs use, if i could import it into xastir..
:)

Cheers,

Damien

--