[OZAPRS] Xastir maps... again

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Feb 6 23:43:39 EST 2007

On 06/02/2007, at 10:00 PM, Norm, VK3XCI wrote:

> If I'd compiled it locally and included ImageMagic, rather than
> downloaded the binary, would only the routines required from
> ImageMagic
> be compiled in, or would the whole ImageMagic package still be
> required

The whole ImageMagick package is required.  It's also useful to have
lying around if you're dealing with images.

Dave, that script isnt that bad.  The alternative would be to require
the perlmagick code and that's even worse.  It's a quick hack that
gets used a few times until you have your map library converted and
then mainly forgotten.

It sounds like there is a few of us on here using Xastir.  What are
people using for maps?  I have some shapefiles from Geoscience
Australia with points of interest, major roads, rivers, towns and
political divisions.  Pretty basic but usable.

Carl,
vk1kcm.