[OZAPRS] Xastir maps... again

Norm, VK3XCI vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Sun Feb 4 14:51:45 EST 2007

g'day all'

It's VERY hot here and maybe my brain has boiled, but I can't seem to
get the inf to geo script to work to change a UI-view *.inf file to a
*.geo file

It exits with an error

> root at norm-linux:/usr/share/xastir/maps/Local#
/usr//lib/xastir/inf2geo.pl mildura-ne250.inf
> *** mildura-ne250.inf ***
> Image file not found for mildura-ne250, maybe be a case problem
> root at norm-linux:/usr/share/xastir/maps/Local#

Now, I know the mildura-ne250.gif file is there. I have tried both upper
and lower case iterations. The script seems to dump at the FindImageFile
subroutine

> sub findImageFile {
>     $filename = shift;
>     @extensions = ("gif", "bmp", "jpg", "png", "emf");
>     foreach $xtn (@extensions) {
> 	$try_filename = "$filename.$xtn";
> #	print "Looking for $try_filename\n";
> 	$string = `identify -ping $try_filename 2>/dev/null`;
> 	if ($string ne "") {
> 	    $filename = $try_filename;
> 	    $image_size = $string;
> 	}
>     }
>     if ($image_size eq "") {
> 	print "Image file not found for $filename, maybe be a case
problem\n" ;
> 	return;

Maybe it cant find a valid $image_size? is the .gif corrupt?

Alternatively, what is the format of the .geo, maybe I can convert by
hand?

--
de VK3XCI
Norm in Mildura, QF15bt