[OZAPRS] Fw: 10MHz HF Gateway -Re: New to list

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Fri Aug 31 13:18:39 EST 2007

My problem exactly.  I don't want a feature rich radio siting behind the
seat.  I looked at a low power 30m radio, from Emtronics I think, with the

idea of a linear and modifying it to take the APRS signal.  Bit of a
stability issue though as it uses a knob for turning, however that could
be overcome as well.

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

spitcher at energy.com.au

"Damien Gardner Jnr" <rendrag at rendrag.net>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
31/08/2007 10:14 AM
Please respond to
VK / ZL  APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

"VK / ZL  APRS Users" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] 10MHz HF Gateway -Re:  New to list

Hmm, an IC706 looks like major overkill just for APRS though?  Since it
was suggested that I'd be better looking at using 30m for APRS when I'm
on the road, I've been looking for nice compact 12V 30m HF rig.. There
don't seem to be any 'cheap and simple' ones available - just lots of
nice expensive multi-mode feature-rich things like the 706, which just
seems like a waste, sitting behind the back seat doing nothing but APRS
:(

Cheers,

Damien