[OZAPRS] Was Byonics, Australian requirements

Gordon Taylor gordon.t at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 8 00:22:19 EST 2007

I thought I should add my 20c worth as it is my track Andrew has displayed
on his website.

That was in 2005 and I was using an FT-100, TT3 and a Garmin GPS.  Antenna
was an ex RFDS tapped whipped tuned up from 9.9MHZ to 10.1476 with a bit
of
alfoil wrapped around the upper winding and covered in insulation tape.

Currently I am trialling an old Barrett SB220, cost $100, crystal was
about
$30.  Once I wound back the TX deviation somewhat it seems reliable and
gets
packets decoded quite well.  The RFDS whip is still going strong.

I want to be able to use the FT-100 for voice and the Barrett can do APRS.
Only problem is fitting my Terlin antenna for voice and the RFDS antenna
for
APRS.  My Discovery has a spare tyre mount bracket that I have extended
and
put a Terlin base for HF and I may have to make something that attaches to
the roof rails for the RFDS antenna.

I may be going to Brisbane from the Sunshine Coast in the next few days so
watch out for VK4VP-15

Regards

Gordon  VK4VP