[OZAPRS] the lost art of building it ourselves

Zik Saleeba zik at zikzak.net
Mon Aug 6 10:35:40 EST 2007

I think the same build-it-yourself attitude still exists today, it's
just that the building blocks have changed. Instead of only having
access to very basic discrete components we now have access to more
complex building blocks like integrated modules. This means that with
the same creativity and effort we now can create more advanced
projects than was possible in the past. Surely that's a good thing?

Zik VK3MHZ
(Coincidentally currently working on a RX/TX frequency agile APRS
tracker, using an integrated GPS module, integrated radio modem,
integrated microcontroller and integrated RF amplifier module)