[OZAPRS] Opentracker

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Apr 26 17:44:05 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Brown VK2ZEN" <vk2zen at b5.net>
> There is a possibility it has something to do with the very spikey power
> supply available in the 1977 mini cooper, this time around I will put a
> large capacitor on the power into it.

Quite likely, depending on where you're taking your power from.. - if
you're
not running a separate feed direct from the battery, then it seems to get
VERY spikey.. I (and my housemates in canberra, who also had minis) was
having all sorts of engine noise probems with the sound system in my '73
clubman s until I ran another cable to the rear (already had audio cables
the amps anyway..) to bring power to the front for the head unit and front

amp, and bingo, noise problems gone...    (For anyone that doesn't know
mini's, the battery is in the rear, while all power feeds (from all 2
fuses!) are taken direct off the binding post on the starter solenoid,
which
is also where the alternator feeds to, so it's a fairly noisy feed..)

Hmm, ham radio in a mini, it just seems like sacrilege to put an antenna
on
one.. especially a cooper! :)

Cheers,

DG
--
Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG/VK2DGJ. Dip EE. StudIEAust

'73 Clubman S, '82 Yamaha XJ750, '84 BMW K100RT, '87 Hilux 2.4D 4x4
twincab
Home: rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
Play: vk2tdg at pinegap.net  -  http://pinegap.net/
  We ran to the sounds of thunder.