[OZAPRS] Aviation position reporting

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Apr 19 08:53:37 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Rich" <vk4tec at people.net.au>
> We are seeing a new generation of RADARS coming soon, smart ones. That
can
> talk to planes.

Sorry to hijack, but an thought just occurred to me...  When flying on a
plane, you're not allowed to use wireless networking (nominal output 35mW)

or bluetooth, let alone a mobile phone..  Yet when coming into melbourne
airport from adelaide/perth, you go pretty much over the top of Mt Macedon

(or did in 2001 when I was on those flights relatively regularly), where
Melb airport has their radar site.. Woudln't the radiation coming at the
aircraft from the radar be a few orders of magnitude higher than anything
my
wireless/bluetooth or even mobile could create?

Regards,

DG

--
Damien Gardner Jnr