[OZAPRS] Tiny Trak 3 config?

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 11 00:51:33 EST 2007

Bob .. Looking at the Tiny Trak 3 in particular..

There is no multiple status text setting. Although it is possible to have
separate Texts on each Primary/secondary switch position.

There are 2 options in the Status Text settings.

1: You can "Send Every" with a option to enter a number in a box. So if
you
enter a 1 then you will get a Status text with Every Posit beacon. A 2
will
produce a status Every other Posit beacon ..

2: You can "Send Separate" . This sends the Status text as a separate
Frame
after the Posit instead of appending it to the Position frame.

Also there is a Setting called "Only Send Valid" . This is likely the
cause
of the "wasteful STATUS packet saying
"TinyTrack3 v 1.1"" .
Ive seen these frames. They are the result of a Tiny Trak without a GPS
connected or a GPS without a Valid Lock from memory. So if the GPS goes in
and out of Sat lock you get these frames popping out unless you have the
"Only Send Valid" box ticked. Ive seen some operators leave this box
unchecked in the setup because they initially had no GPS or trouble
getting
it connected up properly initially and wanted to test if the TT would TX..
They neglect to go back and set this once they have it going.

These settings are also available on the TT1 TT2 in one form or another.
In a nutshell

DO Put a Tick in the "Only Send Valid"  box and stop the wasteful status
frames that say nothing useful
Dont send the Status Text too often. Set it to Every 4 or more I would say
How about NOT setting it to "Send separate" so your Status Text is tied
into
the Every 4 or More Posit Frames

These settings should be more efficient I beleive.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH