[OZAPRS] VK4VP-15 Query 1.30pm Saturdayextremelyfrequentbeacons?

VK7DIK vk7dik at dodo.com.au
Tue Apr 10 17:26:57 EST 2007

Middle of the roof is the best spot but I doubt you want to put it there.
I have a SCREWDRIVER antenna mounted on a J pole on the back left hand
side of my Toyota station wagon. Seems to work fairly well. I have used
this mount for other antennas as well and it is a good compromise. The
base of the antenna is about 200 mm above the bumber. Make sure you earth
the base well. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dick.
VK7DIK

Please Note.
My e-mail address at home is vk7dik at dodo.com.au and work is
dick.vanbeek at zinifex.com
If your address book do not have these then please change it.

**********
The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only
and may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review,
retransmission,
disclosure dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon,
is
prohibited and  may result in severe penalties. If you have received this
e-mail in
error please delete all copies of  this message and any attachments and
contact
the sender. If you notice it contains SPAM, abuse or other comments you
find
offensive please notify the sender at vk7dik at dodo.com.au with the details.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:17:39 +1000, Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net>
wrote:

> Hey I got myself a 30m whip for the car.
>
> Whats the best way to mount it ?
>
> Make up some steel and bolt it the car under body ?

> Andrew Rich
> Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
> email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
> web: http://www.tech-software.net