[OZAPRS] D700 set up

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Apr 6 23:08:09 EST 2007

One other recommendation on the D700 in the USA is to set:
 UITRACE TEMP,32

And then you can leave it on all the time.  This makes
All mobiles be a TEMPn-N digi.  Thus it does NOT add any QRM
most of the time on the existing network, but at anytime,
anywhere, anyone can use a path of TEMPn-N to get out in an
emergency if there is a D700 nearby.

WB4APR, Bob

Hoskin
> Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:57 PM
> To: 'VK / ZL APRS Users'
> Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] D700 set up
>

> Gday Roger,
>
> Your settings are close but it looks like you have SSID
pathing on

> Try
>
> UISSD OFF
> UIFLOOD TAS,32,ID
> UITRACE WIDE,32
> UIDIGI WIDE1-1 (from the front panel of the radio)
>

> (From WB4APR)
> You cannot change the settings of the UIFLOOD and
> UITRACE parameters from the front panel, but the
> menu command to turn off digipeating should disable
> all digipeating modes including them.
>

> Using an external PC to set the D700 UITRACE
> or UIFLOOD parameter to support WIDEn-N is
> dangerous because of the potential for these
> thousands of mobiles to then be accidentally
> left with DIGI on and cause unnecessary QRM.
>
> My recommendation for the D700 is simply:
>
> To support local events, use the front panel
> UIDIGI alias list to add WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2
> and WIDE2-1 for the duration of the event,
> and then after the event, use the front panel
> to remove them and turn DIGI off.
>
> Cheers
> Richard
> VK3JFK

Len=62
> > >[08:26:38]
> > >Digi_ned for Windows: HF/VHF GateWay system - GATE ECHO
TUNE

> >  1:Fm VK7RAD To APNU19-3 Via VK7RHT,VK7BW-1,WIDE2* <UI
pid=F0 Len=56
> > >[08:28:43]
> > >VK7RAD APRS DIGI SUPPORTS WIDEn-n AND TASn-n 145.175MHz
> >
> > 1:Fm VK7MBD-2 To APAGW Via VK7BW-1*,TAS3-2 <UI pid=F0
> Len=11 >[08:32:45]
> > >AGWTRACKER
> >
> > But when it beacons I'm getting
> >
> > 1:Fm VK7BW-1 To T1Q2U1 Via TAS3-3 <UI pid=F0 Len=11
>[08:22:27]
> > 'IU>l
#/]
> >  1:Fm VK7BW-1 To T1Q2U1 Via TAS3-2 <UI pid=F0 Len=11
>[08:22:28]
> > 'IU>l
#/]
> >  1:Fm VK7BW-1 To T1Q2U1 Via TAS3-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=11
>[08:22:29]
> > 'IU>l
#/]
> >  1:Fm VK7BW-1 To T1Q2U1 Via VK7BW-1*,TAS3-1 <UI pid=F0
> Len=11 >[08:22:31]
> > 'IU>l
#/]