[OZAPRS] Rocket APRS on 146.450 this weekend

Wavetel wavetel at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 30 23:30:56 EST 2006

Boy .. Well I wont be about.. I know Andrew is away (5EX) and may be in
range to actually Rx something but not gate it.. He probably hasn't
taken 2m with him.. Its a fair leap away from any active APRS users
(like 100's of km's) .. It looks like they are going to achieve a pretty
good altitude in a short time and then parachute back down slowly for
recovery.. The TX`is pretty low power so ultimately being on the range
and gating it straight to the internet would be the best. Who knows if
they get to 35,000 feet then it might be decodable from a few hundred
Kms away.. I see no mention of callsigns or packet Tx timing in the docs..

All the same its real interesting and I hope it goes well.. I would have
driven up myself for a look if I was able..
--
Tony and Eva Hunt  VK5AH