[OZAPRS] Rocket APRS on 146.450 this weekend

Darryl Smith Darryl at Radio-active.net.au
Fri Sep 29 21:20:10 EST 2006

GPS units are required to stop operating when the speed is greater than
999
knots and also 100,000 feet. Some GPS receivers use OR rather than AND.

Of course if you write your own GPS code you can bypass these limits.
[Look
at the GPS payload on Oscar 40].

The rayleigh fading is not likely to be an issue since the maximum speed
is
going to be about 200 kph on re-entry performance should be Ok

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/