[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News - VoiceAlert changes

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 27 22:55:17 EST 2006

> The CTCSS tone for VoiceAlert has changed to 91.5Hz
> in VK land... The change is due to the change in
> the VK3 voice repeater access tone.
>
> The voice repeater access tone change was to align
> the voice repeater tones use in VK3 with those used
> in VKs 1,2 & 4

I hope that such a change is universal throughout the
Continent, otherwise passing travelers may not hear
Each other.  Also, with the UNIVERSALITY of the internet
PLEASE indicate the CONTINENT in every mention of
Voice Alert anywhere that it may appear.  The web
Page below may be read by someone in the USA and be
Confused at the change from our universal CTCSS 100.

> The APRS VoiceAlert guide states that that the VoiceAlert
> CTCSS tone should be the same as the voice repeater
> access tone to allow  non-APRS enabled
> radios to use VoiceAlert.

The above statement makes no sense in the USA.  Every repeater
Has a difference CTCSS since that is the whole purpose of
CTCSS.  I infer from the above that all repeaters in VK
Land all use the same tone.  That is a very uniqe situation
And should be reflected by referring to the unique continent
On which it applies.

I know this sounds like kibitzing from afar, but APRS is
Global and the internet blurs the boundaries.  Lets
Try to keep the boundaries well identified.  Thanks

Bob, WB4APR