[OZAPRS] Balloon

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 8 10:22:25 EST 2006

> > Quick question on the TM D700,  I would like to have the
> > Data channel receiving APRS as well as feeding it to
> > the laptop...

Any APRS software should be able to do this.  Just connect
Your APRS software to the GPS "TX" data line so that it can
See the APRS data being sent to the GPS as waypoints.

Your APRS program should take these waypoints and plot them
On the map just like any GPS would.  NO, you wont have any
Of the other features of your APRS program such as messaging
And bulletins, but at least you will be able to see all
Positions and participants.

Hope that helps.
Bob, WB4APR